Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review: Evermore (The Immortals #1) by Alyson Noel

Evermore (The Immortals, #1)
Title: Evermore

Series: The Immortals #1

Author: Alyson Noel

Publication date: February 2009

Published by: St. Martin's Griffin

Source: Borrowed from library

Add it to your Goodreads shelf

Synopsis:

After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact to suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school — but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.

Damen is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head - wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is - or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.

My rating: ★☆☆☆☆

(Q & A format)

I kinda had high hopes for this one…

Q: Did it hold up?

A: That would be a big. Fat. No. Sad but true.

It started off interesting though. We have Ever, who was the sole survivor of a car accident in which all her family died. Ever since, she obtained these cool psychic abilities: mind reading, knowing a person’s life story by a single touch, and seeing a person’s aura. Because of this, she feels like an outcast, not that I can blame her. All these psychic powers must be overwhelming!

Enter Damen: your mysterious, sexy guy you just can’t stay away from…typical *rolls eyes*Ever starts to wonder what is up with this guy, and why he is the only one who can calm all the psychic energies she receives. Everything is peace when he’s around.

And this is where everything went downhill for me. I thought this Damen character was a creeper!

Q: Wh-

A: Don’t ask why, he just was.

Q: I wasn’t going ask that *laughs nervously* So…you were saying?

A: That Damen is a creeper. Anyway, after Damen shows up, so does this other girl, Drina. Who I was pretty sure had something to do with Damen, Ever thought so too. Drina is actually responsible for a lot of things going on in the book, but I don’t feel like listing them…

Then end wasn’t much of a shocker, and I really like book that gets really twisty. But that wasn’t the case with this one.


Q: Okay, change of subject, any favorite characters?

A: Nope. As you know, I didn’t like Damen…or Drina for that matter. The side characters weren’t that interesting. Actually, except for Riley, I liked her :)

Q: And Ever?

A: Gods, disliked her! I mean, what the hell! First of all, why would she keep Riley here on Earth?! She had to cross over! Selfish much -_- Ever obviously has not watched Ghost Whisperer (Or maybe I've watched too much of it?? Nah. lol). Secondly, if she so desperately needed help with her abilities…hello! That’s why Ava is there! I don’t understand why she hated her so much. And third, drinking NEVER solves anything!!!

Q: I’m assuming you’ll read the rest of the series. Is that correct?

A: No, that is not correct. I’m might decide to read the rest of the series…eventually, but not any time soon. I actually like the Riley Bloom series better than I did this series :P So I’ll be on a look out for that one.


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment