Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Post #61: Nail Polish Galore!


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week! Let's get started!

My life isn't too interesting, unfortunately, so I really don't have much to say. I can tell you about all the things I've been obsessing about recently, though!

TV and Movies:

I used to watch the show Totally Spies! when I was younger, and for some reason I've just started watching it again. It's just a lot of fun and it's really gotten me in the mood to read some spy books, which I hope I'll find some soon! Besides that, I've also been watching a bit of Castle. I don't know why, but lately I've been very into watching these crime-type TV shows (actually, it's only this one and Bones, lol).

As for movies, we re-watched Guardians of the Galaxy and it was just as awesome the second time around! I cannot wait to see the next Marvel movie (is May here yet??)! And you all know how much I love my horror, so lately I've been very into watching Korean horror movies (thank you Amazon Prime!), and you know what, they are not that bad! The only downside is the captions because usually when I'm watching something I'm also doing something else, say my nails, for example. But they are pretty good! Creepy!


Music:

Last Sunday night, Fall Out Boy decided to post one of their songs from their upcoming album on YouTube for all of us to hear. Yeah, I love them, but that was a very bad idea, to say the least! Why was it a bad idea? Because this song is the best song I have ever heard EVER! I actually love all the songs they've released so far, but this one is easily my favorite! When I first heard it I was like, "Holy sh*t! This song is amazing!" As soon as I saw that they had posted a video, I played it and then I played it some and put it on repeat until like 2 am because who needs sleep! Not me! *crazy, maniacal laughter*


Crazy Nail Polish Buying Binge:


A couple of weeks ago I bought a pack of 3 China Glaze nail polishes. I don't usually buy high end-type nail polishes because they are usually like $8+ each and that is a bit pricey for me. Especially considering that I mostly use them for nail art and the designs never stay on for more than a week. But all three of these nail polishes were less than $7 ALTOGETHER, so of course I had to take advantage of this sale (plus it came with a cute little bag)! I specifically got this set for the glitter and the purple polish (which for some reason looks more brown than purple in the pic =/). They are gorgeous!

And then earlier this week I went to the store and bought MORE nail polish... guys, I have a serious problem, lol. But I bought all of these for a couple of nail art designs I already had in mind, so you could say I needed these polishes ;) Speaking of which, my bookish nail art will be coming back real soon here! I'm actually wearing one design right now that I cannot wait to share with you guys (hopefully either this week or the next!) And I'll give you a hint: I used the nude and bronze-gold color from the picture to the right!

Oh! And if you have any bookish nail art ideas let me know in the comments below! I'm always open to suggestions! :)

Online

Pinterest:

If you ever wonder where I like to hang out online, that would be Pinterest, without a doubt. It's like the most addicting place EVER, in my opinion! I go through these periods where I pin a whole bunch of stuff onto one particular board for a while and then I move to another board, and so on. This used to be my Supernatural board, but lately it's been Dragon Ball board because I'm a nerd like that ;)

Follow Liliana's board Dragon Ball on Pinterest.

Let me know if you have a Pinterest account so I can follow you! :)


Posts you may have missed:


Book Haul

Bought:


City of Heavenly Fire
Who Needs Magic?
Midsummer Night's Scream (Weee! More R.L. Stine goodness!)
Demonosity (And more Amanda Ashby! :D)
Of Poseidon
Ten (And something creepy :D)

I finally got my order from Book Outlet! Yay! The following books I bought during the Boxing Day Sale where I got a coupon for 50% off of Everything! How amazing is that! I got everything here for about $20, which is pretty great considering City of Heavenly Fire alone is probably like $20, lol. Also, I have finally completed my TMI collection! OMG!


Freebies:

Until Midnight (Alienated, #1.5) Karma Girl (Bigtime, #1)

Yay, more Alienated! :D And double yay! More Jennifer Estep! :D

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


For Review:

Horror Business Love, Lattes and Mutants

Both of these sound like a lot of fun! Can't wait to read them!


What show/movies have you been watching lately? Any music you're really into right now? What bookish things did you get this week? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

12 comments:

  1. I need to re-watch Guardians of the Galaxy like yesterday! I so loved that movie!
    And YAY for BookOutlet orders!! I'm still awaiting 2 parcels that were shipped a while back, so hopefully next week!

    Happy reading Lili!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need to re-watch Guardians soon!

      Oooh, can't wait to see what those parcels hold! :)

      Delete
  2. I been only list of ceremt books and movies. Though I have boards on Pinterest and have my own boards for Movies I own or Movie I want. Books I want and Books I read and Review and some much more. Work on my wishlists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to find you on Pinterest then! That place is so addicting!

      Delete
  3. My 2 girl's are such nail polish addicts it's crazy how many they have so I completely understand. I took part in that same Book Outlet sale and got some nice goodies. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah... I'm actually thinking about buying some more bottles... I saw some awesome colors the other day and I really want!

      Delete
  4. Nail polish!!! I haven't gotten any new colors in awhile, because I do only buy higher end brands, since it's better, and I'm broke. I looove China Glaze! :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd buy more high-end polishes too if I wasn't so broke, lol.

      Delete
  5. So many awesome books. Karma Girl is on my wish list and I'm reading Horror Business right now.
    I haven't bought nail polish in ages. Can't wear it because I work with chemicals. I just use my basic black for toenails. LOL

    Here's my Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/11/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-92-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to read Jennifer Estep's other books, so i was so happy to see that this one was free! And totally get it! As a nurse we sometimes can't wear polish, and that makes me so sad! :(

      Delete
  6. If you're a big nail polish fan, you might want to check out I Love Nail Polish (www.ilnp.com). It's an indie brand and they are a bit pricey, but *so* worth it. I love their multichromes, and they last for a good week without chipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'll definitely have to check them out! Especially if they don't chip easily! Thanks!

      Delete