Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday Post #97: Are you Holosexual?



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week! Let's get started!


What I Watched This Week:

My 18 year-old brother really wanted to go see Finding Dory, he was very nostalgic about this coming back, so we went to go see it and it was a lot of fun! Have you seen it yet, have your kids seen it? It was very cute and it nearly made me cry in some parts. Also, little Dory is the cutest thing EVER!

The New Finding Dory Poster Is Full of Characters We Love! | Whoa | Oh My Disney:

I also saw The Conjuring 2 and it was not that great, in my honest opinion, *sigh* But on Netflix I watched Big Ass Spider and it was hilarious! It's one of those movies that are always on Syfy, and it was just stupid and fun :)

Big Ass Spider!:

Nail Art of the Week:



This is the best nail art I have done in a long time, and I actually loved it so much I wore it for nearly a week! And that is definitely something considering my manicures don't usually last longer than a couple of days! This manicure was completely inspired by Simplynailogical, and if you don't watch her on Youtube I highly recommend you do. Not only does she make amazing nail art, but she is hilarious! She also helped me discover my holosexuality... I LOVE holographic nail polishes! (And if you don't know what any of that means, please refer to this video here) It's basically all I wear now!



So, for this nail art design I did something Simplynailogical calls a reciprocal gradient. So basically I did a gray to black gradient on top of a black to gray gradient... I know that sounds complicated (here is a tutorial on how to do it! I used the same technique, just different colors, vinyl, and instead of a vertical gradient I did it horizontal). I used the following things to achieve this look (and you can click on the images to take you to where I bought these items):

Starrily Van Helsing Nail Polish Color Club Beyond Nail Polish (Halo Hues Collection)

There are the nail vinyls I used

And in case you are wondering how long it took me to do this... 6 episodes of Supernatural on Netflix. Yup, a lengthy process but totally worth it in the end! (And yes, I am still re-watching Supernatural... I think I'm on season 5 now. Bring on the apocalypse! Wooo!)

Giveaway!

Oh, hey, I also have a giveaway going on ;)


Book Haul

Bought:

So, they had another sale at Book Outlet... and my hand slipped ;)
Here's a closer look:


I also bought an e-book which is a rarity for me 'cause when I buy books I like to buy the physical version... weird I know. But I read the first book in this series and I loved it so much I just had to get the next one ASAP!



Freebie:

  

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment