Saturday, March 25, 2017

Literary Nails: Heartless by Marissa Meyer



So, this nail art happened accidentally, believe it or not. It all started when I bought a Supernatural nail polish...



Me just being my old Supernatural fangirl self...

fangirling

I wore the gorgeous red for about 5 days then I decided to do nail art on top of that 'cause I got bored. I decided to go with some 'Thorns Stencils' and black polish 'cause I thought that would look cool. And it actually did! But as I started to top coat my nails, I had to pause for a moment because the design was reminding me of something... but what? Then it hit me! But I had to hop on Goodreads just to make sure...





Oh my gods, is that not perfect?! Well, not perfect, but pretty close, right? I loved this design so much, and the fact that it was very reminiscent of the Heartless cover was a major bonus! So I wore this for a couple of days but then I decided that I wanted to add some hearts and crowns to an accent nail, but by the time I was going to do this it had already been over a week and my mani was all grown out with wear at the tips and... it just did not look cute anymore, lol. So I redid it again yesterday just for this post!



And here is a close up of that accent nail:



I thought about replicating the crown on the cover... but you all know I can't freehand AT ALL, lol. So I stuck with nail vinyls and stamping, my best nail art friends :) Here is what I used:



Base Coat: Superchic Lacquer - Bring It On!
Red Polish: Hunter's Helper - Demon Blood (Limited Quantities!)
Black Polish: Sinful Colors - Black on Black
Black Stamping Polish: PUEEN - Black Jack
Top Coat: Superchic Lacquer - Marvel Liquid Macro

For the accent nail I used a stamp of an outline of a heart from the following plate (I used the smallest heart on the 4th image on the 1st row):

Image from Bundle Monster

I also used crown nail vinyls on the same nail, and then thorn nail vinyls on the rest of my nails:

Whats Up Nails - Thorns Stencils Whats Up Nails - Princess Crowns Stencils
Images from What's Up Nails


And there you have it! Heartless nails! What do you think? Did I nail it? 😜

I am ashamed to admit that I actually have not even read this book yet, but it's been on my to-read list for a looooong time! Hopefully I will get around it soon! And if you have read this book, let me know what you thought! I'm sure it's amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Print out the crown from the cover and cut it out with an xacto knife? LOL.
    Just kidding. The one you have already looks great.

    ReplyDelete